Yellow teeth can affect the shape of your face. As one of the most necessary parts of the face the teeth, affect the beauty of a person’s appearance and smile. Tooth yellowing and scaling creates an inappropriate appearance for a beautiful human smile. Tooth yellowing can negatively affect people’s self-confidence in their appearance and cause them to deprive themselves of laughing in public. People who have white and beautiful teeth, always have a smile on their face known as good and kind people in the eyes of other people, and this issue has a very positive effect on their social aspect.
Tooth discoloration occurs gradually and causes the bright white colour of the teeth to become yellow and dull. Ageing is effective in yellowing teeth because with age, the outer enamel of the tooth gradually disappears and the yellow dentin under it appears, and this is the reason for the yellowing of the teeth.
Brushing alone can not produce the white teeth we want.
Before whitening teeth, the dentist should first carefully examine the teeth and treat them if tooth decay or gum disease.
The patient must also maintain good oral hygiene so that the teeth stay white longer after teeth whitening.
Bleaching or teeth whitening is one of the general dental services. According to the definition of reputable dental authorities, the method of scaling teeth whitening leads to the return of tooth color to natural, and bleaching leads to brighter teeth than natural.
How Do I Prevent My Teeth from Turning Yellow?
Yellow teeth can make you feel self-conscious. They may stay that same shade even though you brush them regularly. If you want to keep your teeth white and clean, these are some tips on how to prevent teeth-staining.
- Use a straw
There’s a lot of things that stain your teeth; coffee, tea, wine, smoking. Anything that can stain a white t-shirt they’re going to stain your teeth. Using a straw prevents the substance from contacting your teeth when you drink coffee using a straw when you drink tea using a straw.
- Rinse after drinking
make sure you rinse after drinking your coffee, tea, and things of that sort. It helps to prevent and break down any staining agents.
- Brush and floss
flossing helps to prevent the stains between your teeth and remove plaques.
- Electronic toothbrushes use an electronic toothbrush like sonic hair or oral-b. It is the closest to in-office cleaning.
- Whitening toothpaste
use whitening toothpaste. Whitening toothpaste helps a lot in maintaining the whitening process.
- Keep up with your dental visits
visit your dentist regularly, ask your dentist about different options you have to continue to whiten your teeth. They can engage and see where you are and give you the best advice.
Detection of Tooth Discoloration
No tests are required. A dentist can detect discoloration by examining the tooth.
Predicted duration of treatment
Some tooth discoloration is disappeared by tooth cleaning. Like stains caused by coffee or tea. Although many spots are permanent. Sometimes they can be bleaching with whitening gel. If the tooth discoloration is so much, a dental implant is needed.
Causes of Yellowing and Other Discoloration of Teeth
There are several causes for tooth discoloration:
- Foods – Drinks
Drinking coffee, tea, cola drinks, wine and eating certain fruits and vegetables (for example, apples and potatoes)
- Poor dental hygiene and the lack of dental cleaning
- Certain Diseases
Having certain diseases can affect the enamel and cause discoloration of the teeth. In addition, special treatments such as head and neck radiotherapy and chemotherapy can change the color of the teeth. In addition, certain infections during pregnancy can cause discoloration of the baby’s teeth.
- Certain Medications
Taking antibiotics such as tetracycline and doxycycline can cause developing yellow teeth in children under 8 years of age. In addition, rinsing your mouth with mouthwashes containing chlorhexidine and styrene pyridinium chloride can cause teeth to turn yellow. Taking antihistamines, antipsychotic drugs, and antihypertensive drugs can also cause yellow teeth. Teeth blackening with iron drops is also a common complication.
As you age, the outer layer of your tooth enamel wears out, causing discoloration due to the natural yellow color of the dentin. Bruxism can also cause tooth erosion.
- Genetic issues
Some people’s enamel is naturally lighter or darker than others.
- Environmental factors
These include high fluoride intake due to environmental sources (high levels of natural fluoride in drinking water) or overuse (such as excessive use of mouthwashes, toothpaste, and fluoride supplements). Causes discoloration of teeth.
Injury can cause teeth to turn yellow and change color in adulthood.
Is It Possible to Make Yellow Teeth White Again?
- It’s important to remember that your teeth are truly HEALTHY, how white they are doesn’t matter. It’s important to visit your dentist before you consider tooth whitening and if you’re considering tooth whitening because you have dark teeth, cavities, crowns, large fillings in the front surface of your teeth, teeth whitening may not be effective for you.
How to Whiten Your Teeth
there are three essential ways of addressing discoloration in your tooth structure and ِDR. Ada cooper will explain them to us:
- Buy over-the-counter tooth whitening toothpaste.
- Be careful though because that tooth whitening toothpaste contains abrasives that simply remove surface stains that might be caused by coffee, red wine, dark syrupy sodas, black tea, etc.
- Visit your dentist (We have New promotion for teeth whitening! 399$ for teeth whitening with Philips Zoom technology)
- To change the intrinsic of the tooth structure, you need to use whitening materials that contain some formulations of peroxide. First, you can do an in-office procedure. Usually, one visit is all it takes and your dentist applies a whitening gel to your teeth. And after several cycles of applying and removing this whitening material, the intrinsic color of your tooth structure will often become whiter.
- Take-home method
- In this method, trays are made to fit your teeth. You can also use whitening strips that aren’t custom-made to fit your teeth then apply the material to the trays and wear the trays.