A family dentist Etobicoke is a dentist that performs dental services for patients of all ages—from toddlers to adults. Unlike some dentists that can perform pediatric services but prefer not to, family dentists regularly help both adults and children with their family dentistry needs. This extra practice makes them a preferable choice to a dentist that prefers adults, but may work on kids if requested.
Family Dentistry Services in Etobicoke
Family Dentist Etobicoke
Our team takes pride in working well with children. We ensure they are happy , but also learn about oral health
We are a top rated familty dental clinic in Etobicoke. We provide family dental services including dental checkups and x-rays to children and adults.
It is important for our young ones to learn about oral hygiene early. Our experienced staff knows just how to inform your children about good dental habits in a relaxing , happy way.
We maintain a positive atmosphere for children. We believe that around the age of 3 is a good time to start visiting your family dentist. This way , they will begin to learn about proper oral hygiene habits early in life.
Family Dental Services
Our family dental practice treats patients of all ages from all over the Etobicoke. We have an amazing team of three doctors, two hygienists, qualified dental assistants, and lab coordinators who are professional and friendly. Drs. Laleh Rahmani, Payam Ouyarhossein and Sek Yuen offer all types of General Dentistry services and care about their patients like family!
We are very pleased to be able to provide services in English, Polish, Portuguese, Farsi, Cantonese and Ukrainian in our office.
Preventive dental care is a fairly broad term that includes anything that helps prevent further oral health issues from developing.
One of the main forms of preventive care is testing to find out if there are any signs of dental health concerns. Common forms of preventive testing that a dentist may perform include:
- Digital X-rays
- Gum disease screening
- Oral cancer screening
- Oral exam
It is important to be able to catch any signs of serious oral health issues as early as possible, to ensure proper treatment is administered in a timely manner. Otherwise, there is a chance of the disease, cancer or other serious health concern progressing.
Also, preventive care may simply include a dental filling to prevent a cavity from being exposed and leaving you vulnerable to an oral infection.
Last and perhaps most importantly, family and general dentistry includes any and all pediatric dentistry needs, such as dental cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants.
The biggest mistake many parents make when it comes to the oral health of their children is assuming the health of their teeth is not important, since they are going to lose their baby teeth anyway. On the contrary, it is more important for children to receive proper dental care, as they are more vulnerable to cavities, and tooth issues at an early age could affect the way the permanent teeth grow in.
Subsequently, it is highly encouraged to have children make all their scheduled dental checkups and take advantage of other opportunities offered by family and general dentistry.
Silverhill Family Dentist Etobicoke Proudly Offers The Following General Dental Services:
- Dental exams: Regular dental exams are the foundations of good oral health. During your dental exam, we will meticulously examine every aspect of your mouth, from your teeth and gums to your jaw and cheeks. We will discuss your daily hygiene regimen and offer recommendations to achieve optimal oral health.
- Teeth cleanings: Even if you brush and floss diligently, your mouth will thank you for the world-class cleaning you receive at Bromley Park Dental. In addition to a thorough cleaning, you’ll get valuable advice to help you keep your mouth in tip-top shape between visits.
- Periodontal treatment: In addition to being the leading cause of tooth loss, gum disease is linked to a variety of other systemic health issues that affect your entire body. Gum treatment can manage periodontal disease and help your mouth stay as healthy as possible.
- Crowns and bridges: When a tooth is damaged or decayed and needs protection and support that a standard filling cannot provide, dental crowns and bridges are a versatile and effective solution.
- Endodontics: Root canal therapy may be recommended when the inner pulp of a tooth becomes infected or damaged.
- Dental implants: When missing a tooth, no dental solution can offer you greater strength and beauty than a dental implant. Dental implants are fused directly into your jawbone and capped with a custom-made crown, making them a remarkably durable and attractive solution.
- Dentures: Missing one or more teeth can make it difficult to chew and speak, and may stifle your urge to smile. Dentures are an effective way to replace missing teeth and give you the support you need.
- TMJ treatment: The term TMJ/TMD refers to disorders related to the temporomandibular joint, the joint in front of your ear where the upper jaw and lower jaw meet. Symptoms of TMJ vary but often include headaches, jaw pain and clicking or popping of the jaw.
- Emergency dentistry: Unexpected emergencies can happen at any time. If you have experienced a sudden dental injury, whether, from decay or trauma, our emergency dental services can address the issue and alleviate your pain right away.
Silverhill Family Dentist Etobicoke firmly believes that your oral health directly affects your overall health and we are ready to take care of any of your dental problems. Call us at 416-234-8060 today to schedule an appointment and get the smile you have always wanted!